Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Apna Time Aayega – English Translation of Bollywood Rap Song

 Apna Time Aayega – English Translation of Bollywood Rap Song


Meta Description:  Apna Time Aayega is a Bollywood rap song from Gully Boy, sung by Ranvir Singh. The song won the Best Lyrics at the 2020 Filmfare Awards. Superimpose my English lyrics on the fast tempo of Apna Time Aayega and you will get a better fit than any other translation.

Apna Time Aayega Wins the Best Lyrics at Filmfare Awards 2020

Rap songs have been in Bollywood movies since the time of Baba Sehgal in the mid 1990s but these have been few and far between. It is only since about 2015 that rap songs have come to stay in Hindi films, culminating in the pinnacle of Gully Boy, the rags to riches story of a rapper. The uniqueness of being a rap song and that the lyrics are in Mumbai street Hindi (rather than Punjabi or Hindustani) have contributed to Apna Time Aayega winning the Best Lyrics Filmfare Award 2020.


The Rap English Translation of the Lyrics of Apna Time Aayega 

Who says it can’t be done

Who says, who says

My time will come

 

Rise up from your ashes

Go find your goal in life

The skies will admire you

When you soar to the sun

Will come, my time will come

 

I am a street smart kid

You won’t find a better chum

The fire in my words

Will win me my freedom

You’ll reap what you’ve sown

This is life’s true lesson

Fear itself will back off

When it meets my passion

My dreams are alive now

How will you bury them

 

I will make a fresh start

Without fear in my heart

I will ride every path

I’ll succeed anyhow

Through the sweat of my brow

New meaning in life now

Why?

 

Because my time will come

You came empty-handed

Won’t take a king’s ransom

 

No godfather was backing me

I have reached here with no freebie

I will not call myself lucky

Noone’s shown me any mercy

With providence I don’t agree

Why is this a mystery

Willpower is a necessity and some audacity

Some tenacity, some calamity, some bravery, some divinity

What matters is proclivity

The only wealth is intimacy

Winning propensity

I have no desire for popularity

There is no one as tough as me

Tough, tough, tough, tough…

This has led to prosperity

Why?

 

Because my time will come

You came empty-handed

Won’t take a king’s ransom

 

You came empty-handed

Won’t take a king’s ransom

My time will come

My time will come

 

My time will come

Leave naked when you’re done


The Original Hindi Lyrics of Apna Time Aayega from Gully Boy

Kaun bola mujhse na ho payega? 
Kaun bola, Kaun bola?

Apna Time Aayega!

 

Uth ja apni raakh se
Tu uth ja ab talaash mein
Parwaaz dekh parwaane ki
Aasmaan bhi sar uthayega 
Aayega, apna time aayega

 

Mere jaisa shaana lala
Tujhe na mil paayega

Ye shabdo ka jwaala
Meri bediyan pighlaayega

Jitna tune boya hai
Tu utna hi toh khaayega

Aisa mera khwaab hai
Jo dar ko bhi sataayega

Zinda mera khwab
Ab kaise tu dafnayega

 

Ab hausle se jeene de
Ab khauf nahi hai seene mein
Har raaste ko cheerenge
Hum kaamyabi cheenenge
Sab kuch mila paseene se
Matlab bana ab jeene mein
Kyun?

Kyunki apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega

Kisi ka haath nahi tha sar par
Yahan par aaya khudki mehnat se main
Jitni taakat kismat mein nahi
Utni rehmat mein hai
Phir bhi ladka sehmat nahi hai
Kyunki hairat nahi hai
Zaroorat yahan marzi ki aur jurrat ki hai
Taakat ki hai, aafat ki, himaakat ki, Ibadat ki

Adaalat yeh hai chaahat ki
Mohabbat ki, amaanat ki
Jeetne ki ab aadat ki
Yeh shohrat ki, ab laalach nahi hai
Tere bhai jaisa koi hard’ich nahi hai
Hard, hard, hard, hard…

Iss harkat ne hi barkat di hai
Kyun?

Kyunki apna time aayega
Tu nanga hi toh aaya hai
Kya ghanta lekar jaayega

Kal nanga hi toh aaya tha
Kya tu ghanta lekar jaayega
Apna time aayega!
Apna time aayega!

Apna time aayega na
Tu nanga hi toh jayega na…

 

Meanings of some words not literally used in the English transcreation

 Parwaaz = Flight

Parwaana = Moth

Ibadat = Worship

Harkat = Breaking rules (in the given context)


Apna Time Aayega Fact Sheet

·       Movie: Gully Boy
·       Singer: Ranveer Singh
·       Lyricist: Divine and Ankur Tewari
·       Composer: Divine and Dub Sharma
·       On Screen: Ranveer Singh
·       Director: Zoya Akhtar
 
Enjoy the video of Apna Time Aayega
 
I have other songs at Bollywood Translations that have won Best Lyricist prizes at the Filmfare Awards.  
 
·       Tere Vaaste: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2024
·       Kesariya: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2023
·       Lehera Do: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2022
·       Chhapaak: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2021
·       Ae Watan: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2019
·       Zinda: Best Lyrics winner at Filmfare Awards 2014
 
Please follow Bollywood Translations and give your feedback in the comments section. Connect with me on X and Instagram @HarshNev. If you eant any particular Bollywood song translated please mention in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment